OFFICE OF THE VICE CHANCELLOR
Prof. Prakash C. Sarangi
MR. MANORANJAN SETHY
||Ph No: +91-9437165028
MR. JAYANTA KU. MOHANTY
||Ph No: +91-9437191109
My Vision for Ravenshaw University
Ravenshaw is the oldest and the best known centre for higher education in Odisha. It has a
legacy of 147 years as a College and is proud to have trained some of the best minds. And
yet, it is a young University which is hardly nine years old. Formal transition is complete;
but the transformation is yet to take shape. The old is in the process of giving way to a new
institution, not simply in name, but also in its philosophy, outlook and objectives. We would
strive to carry on the legacies of Ravenshaw, while at the same time, laying the foundations
for a first rate research university. The following are some of our immediate goals:
- To consolidate and expand the university, especially in areas of cutting edge research.
- To identify a few niche areas and create centres of excellence in order to enhance visibility in India and abroad.
- To attract funding for research projects from national and international sources.
- Major emphasis on e-resources and connectivity.
- Creating an e-platform for online dissemination of syllabi readings.
- Smart class-rooms for presentation by the students and teachers.
- ERP solutions for administration, finance and examination divisions.
- To utilize Ravenshaw's best known resource -- its alumni – by connecting with them.
- To locate the university in the global structure of knowledge and institutional frameworks: involve the Odias settled abroad to create international linkages.
- Internationalization of the campus by initiating study abroad programs for
international students; as well as initiating student/ faculty exchange programs with
- New Campus: to pursue the idea of a green campus, with energy-efficient buildings
as well as high-tech connectivity.
- To improve governance by participatory management involving various stake-holders.
- Professor Prakash. C. Sarangi